What is natural fertilizer?
What is natural fertilizer exactly? Is an excellent question to ask when considering switching to organic fertilizer, once we understand how the products we use work and what they consist of more deeply we can learn to use them more effectively and get better results. Just like how it is important to know what is going on in the soil through making soil tests, we should know what is going on with our fertilizer and why we use it. This article will explain:
- What is natural fertilizer
- The functions of the different nutrients in natural fertilizer
- Natural fertilizer from BAC Online
What is natural fertilizer: the difference between natural & chemical fertilizers
A natural fertilizer is a fertilizer made from organic materials. One of its main purposes is to provide nutrients to the soil. There are many different types of natural fertilizer, made out of for example animal manure, crop wastes, compost, and wood ash. Whereas chemical fertilizer is synthesized, natural fertilizer is not. There are many advantages to choosing an organic fertilizer here are some of them:
- natural fertilizers are better for the environment as the chance of pollution caused by leaching is much smaller.
- The use of organic fertilizer will increase biopersity and will help improve the structure and health of your soil.
- Natural fertilizers are more efficient than chemical fertilizers, you will need to apply less fertilizer less frequently
Want to know more about what is natural fertilizer? Click here.
What is natural fertilizer: nutrients
When answering the question: “what is natural fertilizer?”, we should also consider the nutrients that a natural fertilizer, just like a chemical fertilizer, contains and how these nutrients benefit crops. The advantages of natural fertilizers are that they often contain many trace elements and other nutrients that are sometimes neglected in mineral fertilizers. There are two types of nutrients that will be used by plants, macro nutrients and micro nutrients. Macro nutrients are needed in greater quantities than micro nutrients. There are six macro nutrients. They are nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium, calcium, sulfur, and magnesium.
- Nitrogen is the number one nutrient to provide to your plants for vegetative growth. It is a component of chlorophyll, which gives plants their green colour. It is also a major factor in the growth of stems and leaves.
- Phosphorus is essential for root growth and helps the plant to develop strong stems and branches.
- Potassium is essential for the development of photosynthesis. It is also helpful in the development of cell walls and is beneficial to the overall health of the plant.
- Calcium is essential for cell pision and improves the overall health of a plant. It is essential for the development of flowers and fruit.
- Sulfur is important for the production of chlorophyll and for keeping crops healthy, it also helps to maintain the structure of the plant.
- Magnesium is a component of chlorophyll and is a major factor in the development of stems and leaves.
What is natural fertilizer from Bac?
In case you are still wondering: what is natural fertilizer? Or if you have any questions about natural fertilizer, you can always ask our experts and get personalised advice from our knowledge centre by clicking here. Bac has a range of high-quality natural fertilizers that will help your take your organic growing to the next level, leaving your plants and soil happier and healthier.