Liquid plant food
There has been a growing increase in the use of liquid plant food and fertilisers over the last years, and for good reasons. Liquid plant food is easy to use and when used properly will provide crops with all the needed nutrients, keeping your plants healthy and thriving. All plants need to be fed and it is of great importance that crops get their required nutrient intake. There are different ways of providing nutrients to crops, in this article we will take a closer look at liquid plant food. This article will discuss:
- Differences between liquid plant food vs solid plant food
- liquid plant food: how to use it
- liquid plant food from Bac online
Differences between liquid plant food vs solid plant food
Technically whether you apply nutrients in liquid or in solid form should not make much of a difference as long as the amount of nutrients applied to the soil or crops is the same. However, there are differences between the two methods and whichever you prefer will depend on personal preferences and circumstances. One method is not necessarily better than the other. Still, there are differences in convenience, price and how quickly plants take in the nutrients. Here are some of the differences between liquid and solid plant food:
- release time: when you use liquid plant food or fertilizer nutrients are easily and quickly absorbed and accessed by plants. Whereas when you use solid fertilizers it can take longer for the minerals to reach your plants, this also means you will have to apply the fertiliser less often.
- Control over intake: because liquid fertilisers are quick release, this also means you will have more control over the precise amounts of minerals that will actually reach your crops. You have less control over nutrient intake when using solid plant food, as different factors will influence how long it will take for the fertiliser to be broken down.
- Liquid plant food is easy to use and you will see the result quickly. While granular fertiliser tends to be a little bit cheaper, the result will take some time to show.
liquid plant food: how to use it
like with any fertiliser or plant feed, liquid plant food should be used only when it is necessary and you should be careful not to overfeed. Overfeeding can damage your soil and crops and can have negative environmental consequences. It is always a good idea to perform a soil test before applying fertilizer. This way you will be able to precisely measure what nutrients your crops will need. There are different ways that liquid plant food is applied. Make sure you always use the fertiliser as indicated in the instructions. Liquid fertiliser can be directly applied to the soil or can be mixed in and applied through an irrigation system. Read more about liquid plant food here.
Liquid plant food from Bac online
Bac online offers a variety of high-quality liquid fertilisers and liquid plant food, both mineral and organic. If you have any questions about the use of liquid plant food or if you require personalised advice do not hesitate to reach out to our knowledge centre. Our experts will be happy to help answer any questions you might have.